Thursday, May 21, 2015

Final Video


                                                                          " Levi"

By Brooke Biasella     
Assignment:

The assignment for this project was to capture a story of a event or student at Olathe Northwest. There were a few requirements we had to have which was to include something that was brightening about Olathe Northwest.  It had to be between a minute to a minute and thirty seconds. We were given around three to four weeks to complete this project. After said project was completed it was to be shown in a newscast at Olathe Northwest called ONW Now. Everyone doing a convergence journalism item was to attend and help in this event.


Idea/Concept:

   My idea was to capture a film about a junior at Olathe Northwest named levi who suffers from seller palsy. My idea was to interview his mother and find key aspects about levi and then interview levi and find things he was interested in and what made Olathe Northwest a good place for him. During the interviewing process I learned to make sure all auto and sound was working because I ran into a bump with the sound not working on Levi. I also learned how to write professional questions and really get convincing answers from the person I was interviewing.

Filming: 

while I went out to film Levi and get as much bi-roll as possible I came up with a problem. I got to many wide and medium shots and needed more close up because it more captivating for the audience. I made sure when I went out to film I did the six shot sequence to really get the full effect out of my shots. Also I got over 200 shots of bi-rolls so I could really captivate who Levi is and the effect he has on Olathe Northwest.

Editing:

When getting to the editing process I am became a perfectionist and made sure everything was perfect. I ran into a few bumps with auto and sounding difference because my video was overall to quiet and a little long. Levi's mother said so many great things and it was so hard to sum it down to a minute and thirty seconds. I also was on a huge time crunch and getting it all done was hard one night during the week I stayed at school till ten at night finishing my video.

Refection:
Overall I was very pleased with this video and loved working with Levi and talking to him. His parent were very supportive and nice. I don't think I will forever forget the experience I had with Levi he truly was a joy to work with and his smile is contagious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment